With showroom closed to public Las Cruces furniture store desperate to make ends meet

Biz/Tech

LAS CRUCES, New Mexico -- After half a century in business, the owner of a Las Cruces furniture store doesn't know if she can keep her doors open through Memorial Day.

"I'll tell you, in 50 years, nothing has slapped me upside the head like this (coronavirus shutdown) has," said Wanda Bowman, the owner of Ashley Furniture Homestore in Las Cruces. "It has been our most difficult time."

Last month, Bowman was told to cease-and-desist delivering furniture by New Mexico State Police, but she told ABC-7 that order was reversed.

"I have got to find a way that I can bring some income into the store," Bowman said. "We have never brought our furniture outside, but we've had to tell people what good values we have."

El Paso furniture stores may have opened up, but New Mexico still has not allowed furniture stores to have customers inside.

Bowman told ABC-7 that taxes on the building are due May 10. She also has a monthly store payment, a utility payment and insurance.

"All of my employees are still getting paychecks," Bowman said. "This is my 50th year in business and I'm going to hang onto this as long as I possibly can."

New Mexico / News

flexsteel new showroom by Malinda furniture gallery at JDC

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Can be lying really leather computer chair home office chair leather massage boss chair